FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > MCSE

How hard was the MCSE
Still loseing sleep
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Hard, but not too bad
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Just a little bit of studying
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
No problem
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

MCSE  Reply with quote  

I am about to start studying for my MCSE. What is the order that I should take them in? Best study reference. Any help to get out of this hell hole for a job that I am currently in would be appreciated.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:14 am  View user's profile Send private message
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

I could call your boss and try to get you fired. That would get you out of that hell hole for a job... Twisted Evil

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Killaholic

Do I get unemployment?

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:40 am  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

yes. yes you would...

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:42 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Killaholic

Sweet!

It's ok around here everyonce in a while. I have to have the job for the money. I would really like to move up somewhere though. That is why I am getting the MCSE. What order should I take the core in?

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:44 am  View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaman
pwn3d

Even though Im unemployed at the moment I just cant bear to go down and draw unemployment. I guess its a pride issuse for me. Be glad you have a job.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:45 am  View user's profile Send private message
Killaholic

I am, I am just ready for a new one. I get way to much shit here. However, I am very thankful I have one.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:15 am  View user's profile Send private message
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

Adrenaman, while I applaud your reticence to suck at the public teat, realize that YOU paid into the unemployment system while you were earning a wage (assuming you weren't being paid under the table). Why should you feel bad about getting some of your money back? anyway, it's not much. iirc, it maxes out at like $600 a month, and you can only be on it for 28 weeks.

EDIT: I just checked. it maxes at $303 a week, and you can only get that benefit for 26 weeks. The state agency web page I got that from was unclear whether or not they'd actually give you $303 a week for 26 weeks, or spread it out over 52 weeks. either way, you're looking at a maximum benefit of $7878 for a whole year. not good.

Last edited by Despite on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Hell yeah....I pay in on that shit, go use it! It would make me feel a hell of a lot better if someone who NEEDED it used it.

Smile

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Unrealized

It was hard but it wasn't just ridiculous.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:34 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Killaholic

What order should I take the tests in?

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:52 am  View user's profile Send private message
Damage
Junkie

Actually, unemployment is funded by employers, not through a public tax. An employer has to pay in so much per employee every month. I think the amount they pay in is based on your wage or something. I'm not sure exactly how it works. But it's not like welfare. The money is there whether you take advantage or not.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

i remember a few of the test being hard. You can go to many good study guide websites, but dont be like most of the tools and just memorize the questions and take the test. Learn the stuff... use it and practice hands on if you can. Yes, you can just memorize the questions and take the test, but that will just make you look like a total ass when you don't know what you are doing.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
noescapes
kn33scrap3s

is that a good cert for a networker then im guessing.

Shoot i better go get taht done then.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killaholic

CCNA is a good one too.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Killaholic

Yea, I don't want to just know the answers. I want to know why that is the answer.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I had my CCNA, but let it expire. I only used it 2x in the 3 year period after I took and passed the test. It was a bitch but was nice as it was only 1 test.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

I had a wonderful time with my ccna... see, I took the course at tech.. flew through it no problem... Talked to a few people that took the test, and felt I was ready... went to take it... and found out the new test had been released.. the day before... so their were questions on subjecst that I knew nothing about since they were not even touched.. such as wireless standards.. i felt awesome after taking that test... I got a 697 on it.. and I beleive a 725 was the bottom score.. Sad

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Goose
Junkie

Killaholic wrote: What order should I take the tests in?

Depends on what you know. If you already know a lot about 2kpro then take the 70-210 first. If you feel better about XP then take 70-270. Either test really isn't that bad, also the 215 is pretty close to the 210 just directed at Server instead of Workstation. Not real sure about 216 and 217 since I took the test for MCSA. But no matter what once you take one core test at least you get your MCP. Not really much but it is a certification. On the electives just take something you enjoy, or something that you really thing is needed in the market place.

This information is directed at the windows 2000 track. Have no clue on how the test are for 2003.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: