FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Classifieds > WTB: PS3 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

WTB: PS3  Reply with quote  

I'm looking for a cheap second PS3 for my house. If you got one collecting dust you just want to get rid of I can toss some dollar bills your way. I don't care about the model too much, not a big fan of the fat ones, but if the price is right I'll risk a YLOD.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Get a 360 - the Kinect is better than anything out there.

Also, if you look on CL - theres lots of ppl out there that can easily fix the 360 and PS3 burn outs.....so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Yeah, there's a reason so many hobbyists and commercial engineers use the Kinect system as the "eyes" of their robots and other things. I will grant you that it is FAR superior than the "Move" system but the 360 itself I would not own. Just MHO.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I has PS3 and would rather have the 360 FYI. Controllers feel much better, games are =, the 360 online is much better (but not free).

360 is all around better for adults and kids I think. I would have bought one by now, but am waiting for the new one this year unless I could get one for $100. Smile

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Depends on what exclusives you want and that's about it. Most games come out for both and frankly PS3 has the better exclusives. Xbox has Gears of War, Halo, Forza, Fable, and the rest aren't really that much to speak about. PS3 has Infamous, Uncharted, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, SOCOM, White Knight Chronicles, and Yakuza, along with a bunch of random other stuff. Also works great as a media machine and plays bluray.

Also supports bluetooth headsets of any type for voice chat, keyboard and mouse, you can put any proper dimension laptop HDD into it, any thumb drive works on it, games like Rock Band actually have wireless controllers because they use Bluetooth instead of MS' proprietary wireless protocol.

To summarize, shut up Brules Razz

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Good point on Blueray.....I use mine for that and netflix.....

Any word on if mew Xbox will be blueray?

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

PS3 doesn't play Blu-ray, it OWNS Blu-ray. The best player on the market.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

The next xbox will do blue-ray. I've got both and i'll tell you, the PS3 gets no love other than my old school FF games. Even so, I'm not doing another console unless all of my friends get one and quit PC gaming all together. I'm not paying 60$ a year for a glorified Netflix machine and I refuse to re-buy my PS3 titles and my marketplace games for PS4 just because sony needs more money. Nothing against consoles, they serve a purpose, but, they are starting to be more like really expensive free to play micro-transaction games. PS3's online is shitty, the store front is shitty so i PAY for microsoft's service so that I get a better experience, until recently when the metro UI has 1-2 tiles of game content and everything else is Adverts. I PAY 60$ A YEAR. I DON'T WANT TO SEE AXE BODY SPRAY COMMERCIALS ON MY DASHBOARD. Game trailers/sales on the games tab, ok! Movie trailers on the "movies" tab, ok! AXE BODY SPRAY ON ALL 5-6 DASHBOARD PAGES... NOT OK. So no, i'll be passing up this console generation and just building a PC with a bluray drive and some wireless xbox 360 controllers for my media/steam big picture in the living room and bedroom.

/rant

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

uhhh... so no PS3 available then... lol

I found one at a pawn shop a couple weeks ago but it was a fat 60G and they wanted $189. I said F that I'll spend an extra $40 and get a new "SuperSlim" combo package. heh But then I remembered I'm a cheapass and am lookin to spend like $100 on this (not $200+)

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I don't think you will find them for $100 till the new one is actually announced and close to release......

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I'm constantly on the search for a well functioning and easy to use media streaming solution to watch all the content I have. I recently found PS3 Media Server and it is working great. It seemed to get stuck trying to stream to my Boxee but once I switched over to the PS3 it worked without issue.

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I have Hulu and works good on my PS3, I had Netflix and worked good on PS3, I've streamed from my media server and it worked good on my PS3... it just works gooooood. Smile

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So you have one already? WTF?

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Sevnn wrote: I'm constantly on the search for a well functioning and easy to use media streaming solution to watch all the content I have. I recently found PS3 Media Server and it is working great. It seemed to get stuck trying to stream to my Boxee but once I switched over to the PS3 it worked without issue.

The PS3 and Xbox work great, but, they are limited in what they can stream from my server. I end up having to convert files to acceptable formats. What I am doing is just putting together a pc from spare parts for the living room TV to get the flexibility and such that I want. I'll probably use boxee or XBMC as my software of choice once I sit down and play with it all. I did check out Plex, but, I don't like the idea of logging into a website to stream it to my phone. With windows server 2008 R2 I set up a tomcat subsonic server and just stream directly to the app on my phone without all my content and data going through a third party website.

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: So you have one already? WTF?

Shinare wrote: I'm looking for a cheap second PS3 for my house. ...

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

Digitaldreamer7 wrote: I did check out Plex, but, I don't like the idea of logging into a website to stream it to my phone.

Your content doesn't go through the plex servers. That's just the auth servers. The client on your phone talks directly to the server on you network.

I'm running a plex server that feeds my android devices, my kids roku and I can also watch it from the web wherever.

I run a WDTV Live running wdlxtv in the living room. It pulls the media directly off of the server (WHS 2011). I'm looking to retire that though cause it's clunky especially with netflix and other streaming services.

I'm probably going to look into an OUYA running XBMC when they are finally released. So far the results are impressive.

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Menos wrote:
Digitaldreamer7 wrote: I did check out Plex, but, I don't like the idea of logging into a website to stream it to my phone.

Your content doesn't go through the plex servers. That's just the auth servers. The client on your phone talks directly to the server on you network.

I'm running a plex server that feeds my android devices, my kids roku and I can also watch it from the web wherever.

I run a WDTV Live running wdlxtv in the living room. It pulls the media directly off of the server (WHS 2011). I'm looking to retire that though cause it's clunky especially with netflix and other streaming services.

I'm probably going to look into an OUYA running XBMC when they are finally released. So far the results are impressive.

Ahhh I didn't know that. My only gripe about XBMC is that i've not seen a good support for netflix. It's been a year or so since I last messed with it a bit so that may have changed. My whole goal is to unify that system so that the 9 year old can use ti effortlessly, as well as any company I may have. I've got WHS 2011 as well and hooked my subsonic tomcat server right into IIS so now if you go to my remote access website and add /subsonic/ after the address it's accessible from the web directly from my server. I use SABNZBD and Sickbeard for television and Couchpotato for movie management so that the family can just click on a link, search, and click to add shows or movies to the server they want. It took A LOT of setting up but now 99% of it is automated. They add the show they want and it's there every week without having to manually hunt it down.

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

I've got my CP install set up to listen to a few public IMDB feeds. All you have to do is add a movie to your imdb watchlist and cp will grab it and add it. Nothing quite that easy for sickbeard though.

The reason I'm liking the OUYA is it's basically android so youtube, netflix, etc will all work just fine. The demos I've seen of XBMC running on the hardware look good. Very smooth.

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Digitaldreamer7 wrote:
Sevnn wrote: I'm constantly on the search for a well functioning and easy to use media streaming solution to watch all the content I have. I recently found PS3 Media Server and it is working great. It seemed to get stuck trying to stream to my Boxee but once I switched over to the PS3 it worked without issue.

The PS3 and Xbox work great, but, they are limited in what they can stream from my server. I end up having to convert files to acceptable formats. What I am doing is just putting together a pc from spare parts for the living room TV to get the flexibility and such that I want. I'll probably use boxee or XBMC as my software of choice once I sit down and play with it all. I did check out Plex, but, I don't like the idea of logging into a website to stream it to my phone. With windows server 2008 R2 I set up a tomcat subsonic server and just stream directly to the app on my phone without all my content and data going through a third party website.

PS3 Media Server will convert and stream on the fly.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Menos wrote:

Damn... its official, I'm getting old. I just said to myself, jeebus that sounds fucking complicated to just watch something.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: