FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Gun Rights Poll

Are you an NRA Member?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
No But I am Pro Gun
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No - I am against their efforts
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
No But I plan to join NOW!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Gun Rights Poll  Reply with quote  

According to statistics:

The US Population as of 7/2011 was 311,591,917
The number of households owning a gun is about 75 Million
There are approximately 300,000,000 privately owned guns in the US
Some estimates show up to 45% of Americans own a gun.
Approximately 57% of the US Citizens do NOT think we need additional gun control laws!
But there are only 4.3 Million NRA members!

In this day and age when the squeaky wheel gets oiled I am amazed that people who own guns are NOT members of the NRA. In fact it amazes me that more people who are just pro-gun and not gun owners are not also members of the NRA.

I don't like lobbyists in general, mainly because they use cash "bribes" to our representatives in order to accomplish their goals. The NRA is one of the biggest lobbyists out there, but they are also the biggest pro gun voice for Americans and they serve the purpose of defending our right to own guns in America.

I think that if more people in the US who are pro-gun ownership would join the NRA, we would silence for once and for all the argument about the right to own guns under the second amendment. With the average $25 per year contribution of over 75 million gun owners, the NRA would have way more than enough funds to make this happen and protect our rights!

I am a Life Member of the NRA and will be changing to an Endowment Member this month. Right now I can offer any friend of mine a major discount to join, until Feb 26, 2013. You can join for $20 a year, normally $35, or for Life for $300, normally $1000. The NRA needs your support to protect your right to own a gun. If you are interested in becoming a member at these discounted rates, PM me.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Not an NRA member. Donate to the NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF instead.

The NRA itself cannot lobby, it is a nonprofit organization. Membership dues cannot fund lobbying.

As for whether they're good for us or not, I'm still on the fence about that one. Yes they're powerful as a lobby, but they have sold us out a couple of times, too.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

I just had a discussion with my dad about this today. He offered to enroll me when he renewed. I explained that while I am 100% for gun rights (went to the range yesterday, taking a SDA class in a few weeks), I cannot bring myself to directly support any lobbying effort, regardless of the cause. I strongly disagree with the system in place that literally allows organizations to buy our government decisions. I am not able to accept the ends justifying the means at this point in my life.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

So you are against healthcare, the military, the teachers, the truck drivers, the green weenies, etc etc etc........all who lobby and win votes in gov't?

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash

blu wrote: I just had a discussion with my dad about this today. He offered to enroll me when he renewed. I explained that while I am 100% for gun rights (went to the range yesterday, taking a SDA class in a few weeks), I cannot bring myself to directly support any lobbying effort, regardless of the cause. I strongly disagree with the system in place that literally allows organizations to buy our government decisions. I am not able to accept the ends justifying the means at this point in my life.

Membership dues don't go to lobbying, so you're good to sign up. $3.75 of the dues goes to a crappy magazine. About 25% of the NRA spending is just in communicating with members. The other stuff ends up funding youth programs, education and training, competitions, museums, women's gun programs, hunter safety training, shooting range improvement grants, and so on.

Some ranges in Oklahoma require NRA membership for range membership.

If you do sign up you'll see where the 1/4 for communication goes. You can wallpaper your house with all the spam you'll get.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

I'm fairly positive I didn't say I was against the NRA or any other organization or group that lobbies. In fact if one were to read what I wrote, they might even see where I said I support the cause but disagree with the system that is in place. You might even notice that I didn't even criticize anyone who supports any lobbying organizations. There is a huge difference to me in not wanting to give my money directly to lobbyists and thinking all lobbyists or causes are bad or have ill intentions or necessitate me being 'against them.' I've had much more direct connections to lobbying than sending money to the NRA that I will not be going into here (most of my income is through govt contracts...). Give me a break dude.

That is interesting to know LC and I definitely want to think about it. I am familiar with the amount of spam as I see it and typically even read through several things that my dad gets from them when visiting.

(Goat, find anything out yet about those last questions we talked about?)

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/politics/gun-control-battle/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

OK so send money to the ILA but the big deal is to become vocal about your beliefs on gun control and to tell your politicians how you feel.

Biden, Obama and many others plan to speak for you using their beliefs!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/28-12-2012/123335-americans_guns-0/

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

An excellent find Anreill. I have read few posts that were so well stated online!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

www.GunAppreciationDay.com

Do it!

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Although it's mildly funny that they didn't spell the name right.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash

I said this earlier to Mike, but this story goes through it like gangbusters:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/silveira58.html

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

Thanks for posting that LC. I guess we should all reeducate ourselves on what our founders went through to form this once great nation and do our part to restore it to its former glory. It's quite obvious we have allowed for too long the concept of political correctness to destroy the true concept that the founders intended.

I do believe that it is time to end the so called political correctness that we have portrayed and instead speak out with knowledge and wisdom against those who think it is ok to change anything set forth by the founders of this nation, and to fight against those who think they know better than the founders, in order to reverse the damage and return our nation to greatness.

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:17 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Goahed if you can still hook friends up with NRA membership discounts I would like one!
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I'll take the silence as a no? or a maybe?

Very Happy
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Oh crap man, you were supposed to PM me! I think it's still good though....PM ME!

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

I am just going to go ahead and do something I rarely do and make an open political comment. In the wake of recent waves and waves of attacks on our liberties, I am going on record to officially state that I will be among those whom American Citizens can rely upon when the tyrants in US government decide to take away any and all of our rights. I've never been anti-government, and I am not starting now, but I will follow the current Constitution and Bill of Rights as long as I live, and if our government decides they want to change them, I'm not willing to make that CHANGE!

Obama, Biden, Bloomberg, Feinstein and your cronies, you guys should really get a clue. The comments you are making and the wreckless actions you are taking with our rights and freedoms are not going unnoticed. My father and mother and their parents raised us to believe that this Nation was something to be proud of and something to be defended, ESPECIALLY against a rogue and tyrannical government. if you pick a fight with real Americans, you'll find one. Long live America and long live FREEDOM!

LEAVE THE CONSTITUTION AND IT'S AMENDMENTS ALONE!

Folks, if you think this is just about guns, you are sadly mistaken, it's about New World Order and the loss of ALL your freedoms. It's time to stand up an be counted as a defender of your freedoms. Get noisy!

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Sorry Goahed, just got your pm. I'll respond to that and get something worked out.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: