FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Politics

Who do you prefer?
Republicans
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Democrats
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Neither, fuck em'.
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Politics  Reply with quote  

I was watching the Democratic dumbasses duke it out on TV. So I thought a nice little poll on here would spur up some Politics

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

I am not a reg voter yet... So sue me... But I am about to register due to the fact that I dig Gen. Wesley Clark

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

I am compeltely behind wes clark. I think bush is a clown and the gov. is baasicly run by chaney.. and it seems everything that has been done was on chaney's agenda from the past. take over iraq? check. Increase company that I was ceo of in the global marketplace by letting them gouge the hell out of the government, while making sure they get every last contract? check. Seems he is really good at hiding in the "bushes" giving commands.. and howard dean can go fuck himself. if he gets the dem's nod, I am going brewsters millions style and voting none of the above.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

Agreed I like Clark as well. Dean is a fuck tard. I've always been a Republican but as of late I just want the best person for the job.

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

I too think Clark is a good candidate, much better over Dean, that guy is such a fucktard.

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

I don't like Clark's stance on the war. I as a country I hated that we went over there. I wish we could have stayed here. However, I know that in the long run it is the best thing. All of the people saying that we had no business over there are completely right. If we do not go though who will. I know that they hate us. However, I think that the Dad that is in the torture chamber getting tortured everyday while his daughter is raped everyday and the mom was shot trying to protect the daughter really likes we did it. Not only did we protect that family we protected out own. I just want them to turn over control and get out of there as soon as possible.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:32 am  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

Killaholic wrote: I don't like Clark's stance on the war. I as a country I hated that we went over there. I wish we could have stayed here. However, I know that in the long run it is the best thing. All of the people saying that we had no business over there are completely right. If we do not go though who will. I know that they hate us. However, I think that the Dad that is in the torture chamber getting tortured everyday while his daughter is raped everyday and the mom was shot trying to protect the daughter really likes we did it. Not only did we protect that family we protected out own. I just want them to turn over control and get out of there as soon as possible.

that had nothing to do with the war, it was just random government justification. if we wanted to save people from evil dictators doing insane things to civillians, their are a lot more populous countries in south american and africa that are a lot worse on their track record of torture.. getting rid of every single rebel through torture in the congo is a good example... The only difference is they dont have any oil....

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

If you saw a man set upon by another would you not think of that man as your brother?

The point is, if you see injustice being done to another it is your duty as a human being to help them. What if your places were switched, would you not want help if you were helpless? Not only did we belong there, I can start naming off a list of those that we do need to help. However it is not soley our responcibility countries that would sit back and watch rather than "infringe" upon the sovreignty of another nation needs to take a reality pill and join the fight against human rights violators. Any nation that would violate its own people has forfeit their sovreignty and needs to be removed from power.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

=ELG=TheDanMan wrote: If you saw a man set upon by another would you not think of that man as your brother?

The point is, if you see injustice being done to another it is your duty as a human being to help them. What if your places were switched, would you not want help if you were helpless? Not only did we belong there, I can start naming off a list of those that we do need to help. However it is not soley our responcibility countries that would sit back and watch rather than "infringe" upon the sovreignty of another nation needs to take a reality pill and join the fight against human rights violators. Any nation that would violate its own people has forfeit their sovreignty and needs to be removed from power.

that is a wonderful sentiment.. now, include oil rights and our government might give a shit...

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Smile

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

HaVoK wrote:
=ELG=TheDanMan wrote: If you saw a man set upon by another would you not think of that man as your brother?

that is a wonderful sentiment.. now, include oil rights and our government might give a shit...

I agree it was over oil. I think we should do something for those in the congo to. However your right, we won't unless it benfits us. That dosen't change the fact that this was at least a step in the right direction. At least to me anyways.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

This thread will self destruct in 10....9.....8......7.....

For you Wes *Clinton* Clark fans out there:

Newsweek, September 29, 2003 Issue

After Al Qaeda attacked America, retired Gen. Wes Clark thought the Bush administration would invite him to join its team. After all, he'd been NATO commander, he knew how to build military coalitions and the investment firm he now worked for had strong Bush ties. But when GOP friends inquired, they were told: forget it. WORD WAS THAT Karl Rove, the president's political mastermind, had blocked the idea. Clark was furious. Last January, at a conference in Switzerland, he happened to chat with two prominent Republicans, Colorado Gov. Bill Owens and Marc Holtzman, now president of the University of Denver. "I would have been a Republican," Clark told them, "if Karl Rove had returned my phone calls." Soon thereafter, in fact, Clark quit his day job and began seriously planning to enter the presidential race -- as a Democrat. Clark late last week insisted the remark was a "humorous tweak." The two others said it was anything but. "He went into detail about his grievances," Holtzman said. "Clark wasn't joking. We were really shocked."

Yeah....he's the man! Smile

The guy is a total fucktard. Anyone remember this snappy little pic?

by Robert Novak, Townhall.com, September 22, 2003

The important Democrats eager to run retired Gen. Wesley Clark for president might exercise due diligence about a military career that was nearly terminated before he got his fourth star and then came to a premature end. The trouble with the general is pointed out by a bizarre incident in Bosnia nearly a decade ago. Clark was a three-star (lieutenant general) who directed strategic plans and policy for the Joint Chiefs of Staff in Washington. On Aug. 26, 1994, in the northern Bosnian city of Banja Luka, he met and exchanged gifts with the notorious Bosnian Serb commander and indicted war criminal, Gen. Ratko Mladic. The meeting took place against the State Department's wishes and may have contributed to Clark's failure to be promoted until political pressure intervened. The shocking photo of Mladic and Clark wearing each other's military caps was distributed throughout Europe. . .

I would direct you all to this site for much more on Mr. Clark:

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles8/DVNS_Wesley-Clark.htm

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

and i'm sure we can all find shit talking about EVERY candidate in the race, including dubya.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

hahahaha, thats funny, Clark was all talking nice about the Administration and now he has a totally different attitude just because someone didn't return his phone calls.

---update

After I posted that, I just seen a commercial on tv about Joe Leiberman, that peice of shit better not make it anywhere. He is the religious bastard who wants all violent computer games banned. Im not talking about your "GTA: Vice City" types, Im talking about running around with a gun in any game.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

for that pic w/ slobidan milosivic, it is not unusual for people to take pictures of diplomats smiling when they meet for discussion.. he was supreme comander of alied forces in europe and his job was to talk to him about all things. Remeber the good o'l picks of churchill, stalin, and truman sitting together enjoying a good laugh even though stalin knew these were his sworn enemies after germany fell... and anyone who didnt support us invading iraq on what our wonderful president claimed was their, they they are lieing their ass off, or are a complete human rights activist, which no polition falls under.... It is more about the way bush ran his government and set his policy during the war. the amount of bumbling he did in office was inexcusible. leaking high ranking cia agents names while they are in cover? Makeing false claims of WMD becuase he basicly just has that feeling? Claiming that he was going into Iraq because of past human right violations like gasing his own people? Please, we completely supported him at that time, and didnt lift a finger to even point at him for doing somethign wrong... the fact that the people he gaassed supported his enemy in the war and was a real threat for an in country rebeliion made his move justified in the world theater when it happened, but of course our wonderful propaganda machine kicks in when it suits our intrest to turn that incidend into something worse than what o'l milosivec was doing.. and thats just not true. infact, his basic announcment to the world was he had decided to perform an operation to supress a possible terrorist movement in his own country in faver of the islamic government of iran. I like clark because I feel he has different values and has more things in his intrest than most politicians. Obviously anyone who knows what is going on with the oil contracts right now knows that chaney had more than a small hand in urging this war... his o'l buddies back at haliburton were the number one benifactors of it... and if you think thats coincidence, then I have a ton of land to sell you... I feel that since clark is coming out of the military, and not out of a civillian coorporation, I can see him leaning more towrads they type people he comanded and served with, not the club of billionaires he was in. I can also see him doing whats right for the military, which is keeping a good defense budget and investing in new technology, knstaed of taking them to war on a hunch. I wish McCain would run as an independent. I think he is by far the best man for the job, and I would back him before anyone... but I honestly prefer clark. you cannont point at a gov. official and say he has a perfect record.. no one does... and most have been involved in extremely illigal offairs... but since they were white collar they were never really investigated, so they get off without even a warning... (execs at enron, williams, mci and many others... they will eventually wind up running for office...)

Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:50 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: