FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Lazer32
Sand Filter

AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center  Reply with quote  

Hey All,

I remember last LAN someone talking about the Catalyst Control Center not launching on their machine. I was recently fiddling with my Crossfire (still trying to get that to work, haven't spent much time on it though), and remembered someone mentioning this. I also had that problem in the past and fished up the fix that worked for me. You can reference the following link and look at Reply 24, or simply refer below as I have copied / pasted the post itself. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33862974

This is an old thread, but it's one of the top search results for "ccc won't run" so I wanted to post another possible solution here. My solution was to clear out the Windows GAC (Global Assembly Cache). In Windows 7, you can browse directly to "C:\Windows\assembly". Sort by "Public Key Token", then delete everything with the Token "90ba9c70f846762e" (ATI's key). You'll obviously need Administrator privileges. No reboot needed either. Reinstalled CCC and it ran perfectly!

The GAC lets you share DLL's that are the same version number. If it's in the GAC, any installer will NOT install a new DLL - it'll use the one in the GAC. If the GAC DLL is corrupted, you're majorly SOL.

When I reinstalled the CCC, it took longer to install then it had before. Presumably, this was due to the installer copying all the correct DLL's to my hard drive. And no ATI DLL's have made it back into my GAC.

To give credit to the original poster, here's the page I found this fix on:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobili...ol-center.html

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

How weird, my last post got deleted.

I know OEM customers call up to HP or w/e but if you're retail will MS help you with these types of issues?

bookmarked as I have an ATI card on the way.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: