FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Hot Deals > Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition  Reply with quote  

Wave 3 now available directly from the Bethesda Store (http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/fallout/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition.html).
Shipping November 10th, so you might get it a day or two late. But demand will likely only have these available the rest of today (Wednesday, 10/22/2015), to maybe some time tomorrow.

Price is still $120.00 for the bauble and game (game only is the regular $59.99, per standard). But I though some of you might want to know about this.

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I heard they already sold out like as soon as it went live lol!

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

$120 for a game...

I have never played a fallout game. I know, that's like saying I haven't watched Dune or Princess Bride (I haven't seen either of them).
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:04 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

detox wrote: $120 for a game...

I have never played a fallout game. I know, that's like saying I haven't watched Dune or Princess Bride (I haven't seen either of them).

The game is the usual $59.99. The Pipboy is another $60.01 on top of it. Like I said, a bauble. A nice one, but the game itself is not $120.

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:18 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: I heard they already sold out like as soon as it went live lol!

At the time I posted it was still available, but yeah, it only lasted a few hours before they were sold out again.

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Drix wrote:
detox wrote: $120 for a game...

The game is the usual $59.99. The Pipboy is another $60.01 on top of it. Like I said, a bauble. A nice one, but the game itself is not $120.

Gotcha.

The hype has sold me on Fallout4. This will be the year I play the game!
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah I might play as well if it is a true open world like Skyrim and Witcher III. Witcher III was fucking awesome (still haven't finished lol).

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Brules wrote: Yeah I might play as well if it is a true open world like Skyrim and Witcher III. Witcher III was fucking awesome (still haven't finished lol).

Seriously, Brules? o.O Bethesda's Fallout series games, like the Elder Scrolls games (also a Bethesda series, which includes Skyrim) defined what open 3D worlds meant. I'm not going to put the Fallout games above Witcher 3, as the worlds are so different that that would be comparing Coke to Mountain Dew. Those are both soda's like Fallout and Witcher are open RPG series, and both series are open world, but the flavor is completely different.

Witcher 3 is the current pinnacle for how these games should be made. It wouldn't be a good idea to hold them on the same standard, but again, different flavors. You can make many comparisons between them and Skyrim, as they have many similarities in the way the story is presented. But, still not the same flavor, keep in mind that Fallout is set in a post-nuclear apocalypse wasteland.
It isn't going to be pretty like Skyrim just by setting, not to mention the age the games now have on them. Skyrim did follow both of the newer Fallout titles.

The first 3 Fallout games, though isometric, were as close to a full open world as we got back then. It, like Elder Scrolls, defined the genre. This is the kind of game Bethesda makes. And if I had the money, I'd be throwing copies of Fallout 3 and New Vegas at you right now. Frankly, I'm amazed you didn't play any of the series, as long lived as it has been.

Side note, The whole series is on steam sale this weekend. $10 for Fallout 3 or New Vegas with all DLC included. A good price for either one. I'd be a good time to indulge in one or the other. Myself, I prefer 3 over New Vegas, but both are good.

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:16 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: