FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Steam Machines?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
redivulpis
TK'er

Steam Machines?  Reply with quote  

Hey all, I've been looking around at the growing list of Steam Machines being teased around the interwebs, and a few look pretty freakin' amazing. I like the concepts for the most part, as well as the big push toward developing a very wide array of offerings, from bigarse gaming monsters to the ridiculously tiny SFF settop boxes. So far my favorite is the Maingear Spark, mostly because I have a tiny fetish (think Reducto from Harvey Birdman Atty. at Law).

Last LAN I went to (Nov), I didn't see many SFF systems around other than Lain's, and Drix and I were the only two rockin' laptops iirc. So, what are your thoughts?

As for SteamOS, I'm kinda on the fence. Creative scripting would be able to do the exact same thing with windows, but it's still a very interesting leap to move over to Linux as an underlying OS.

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I've since upgraded my laptop. I'll be turning my old one into a steam box here as soon as I can look into doing so properly.

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
redivulpis
TK'er

Ah cool, I hope you plan to bring it up to demo! So far I've only messed with SteamOS in a VM, so it's pretty painful (very low VRAM)

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Gonna be a few months to "do it properly". Got some RL matters eating my spare time right now.

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
redivulpis
TK'er

I know that feel. Once I get around to upgrading to an SSD in my laptop, I'll probably install Steam OS on the Cache drive to mess around with it.

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: