FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > iRacing.com

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

iRacing.com  Reply with quote  

I'm hooked again...I was told by the NASCAR team that if I loved NASCAR Racing 2003, I need to try iRacing.com. So I went there and they are offering a 50% off on all new memberships.

I'm going to sign-up and start racing. Anyone else want to join me at LAN's? This is what the pros use, and it's not just NASCAR.

Link

Here's what you get:

Unlimited racing against real people from around the world in official series
Over 40 official Series, Over 400 private leagues
Full racing and website functionality including ghost racing, stats, teams, etc
7 cars and 10 tracks for free & access to over 90 laser scanned cars and tracks
Access to full racing licensing and rating system
Mixed class racing, open setup racing, team racing, league racing, private racing
Time trialing, open practice, special racing events
Hosted/Tournament racing
Full member forum access
World class customer support
24/7 live online racing, centralized service & community, always find a race
The most realistic driving experience ever created for a PC
Simple installation & ease of use, no messing with files & messy downloads
60 + laser scanned officially licensed tracks mirrored after world
Over 30 laser scanned officially licensed racing cars
Officially sanctioned and licensed NASCAR, Indy Car, GRAND-AM, Aussie V8, Super GT
A racing community of over 40,000 of like-minded racers
Constant content, improvements and features added with one click updates
Endorsed by professional drivers from every major racing series from around the word

Right now a one year membership is just $49.50, two years is $89.50
www.iracing.com/membership

Join me and let's race.(Watch the video online. It's awesome.

Last edited by Goahed Makemyda on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

With a low turn out this month, I HIGHLY suggest you change the layout so that 1 table is right under that big TV or just in front of - run HDMI cable to it and hook up your pedals etc and that would be bad fucking ass to watch...........!

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Re: Not Just NASCAR!  Reply with quote  

Goahed Makemyda wrote: I'm hooked again...I was told by the NASCAR team that if I loved NASCAR Racing 2003, I need to try iRacing.com. So I went there and they are offering a 50% off on all new memberships.

I'm going to sign-up and start racing. Anyone else want to join me at LAN's? This is what the pros use, and it's not just NASCAR.

Link

Here's what you get:

Unlimited racing against real people from around the world in official series
Over 40 official Series, Over 400 private leagues
Full racing and website functionality including ghost racing, stats, teams, etc
7 cars and 10 tracks for free & access to over 90 laser scanned cars and tracks
Access to full racing licensing and rating system
Mixed class racing, open setup racing, team racing, league racing, private racing
Time trialing, open practice, special racing events
Hosted/Tournament racing
Full member forum access
World class customer support
24/7 live online racing, centralized service & community, always find a race
The most realistic driving experience ever created for a PC
Simple installation & ease of use, no messing with files & messy downloads
60 + laser scanned officially licensed tracks mirrored after world
Over 30 laser scanned officially licensed racing cars
Officially sanctioned and licensed NASCAR, Indy Car, GRAND-AM, Aussie V8, Super GT
A racing community of over 40,000 of like-minded racers
Constant content, improvements and features added with one click updates
Endorsed by professional drivers from every major racing series from around the word

Right now a one year membership is just $49.50, two years is $89.50
www.iracing.com/membership

Join me and let's race.(Watch the video online. It's awesome.

I told you about iRacing like two years ago and you griped cause it was pay to play Razz

The bigger problem I have with it, is that tracks and cars (other than the ones you get for subbing) are pay for individually. I'd love to play it, but I'm not going to give them money every month AND pay for cars/tracks (which used to be $10-$20 EACH) and unfortunately I don't dedicate enough time to racing games to justify spending that much. Last I looked it was close to $800 to unlock everything NOT counting the subscription.

Also, Brules would be banned within a day if he ever raced in a public race. They're VERY strict about goofing off.

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Hehe I can watch. Smile

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

Brules wrote: With a low turn out this month, I HIGHLY suggest you change the layout so that 1 table is right under that big TV or just in front of - run HDMI cable to it and hook up your pedals etc and that would be bad fucking ass to watch...........!

Hmmmm. sounds do-able...

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:00 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

OK, I signed up with iRacing.com. My user email there is [email protected]

Join in if you want to race...but this is serious as stated above. They will kick you out for jackassednous...

PS I split this thread from the one about me at the Vegas track for driving a real NASCAR.

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

There are a bunch of great wheel and pedal sets out there for those interested. Thrustmaster, Logitech G27, Fanatec, ranging in price from about $100 to $500+

You can also use a controller or worst case a keyboard but I would at least recommend a cheap wheel.

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Brules wrote: Hehe I can watch. Smile

Don't expect much at this LAN...I'll be a full on rookie at iRacing.

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Some of us have already subscribed to iRacing.com

We'd like to invite more, not just to play at the LAN but anytime online. If you have an account post your user name here or PM me to be added as a friend. If you are signing up I'm sure Anreill and I would love to have your referral. PM for our user names.

I'd be willing to put up the money to buy private races or tournaments at the LAN's if we get enough drivers.

The membership 50% off won't last forever!

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MO8IUS
I's L N B !!!!!!! Sheesh!

I've eyeballed iRacing.com more than a couple of times. Still not ready to commit though.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

All I can say is I have a great time because it is a real challenge to master the cars and tracks. Not only that but to better your car by tuning on it. Short of buying a bunch of real race cars and spending millions of dollars a year to race them and fix them, this is as close as many of us will ever get to actual motor sports racing. Sevnn being the exception Smile

The tracks are actually scanned from the real surface pretty regularly. The cars are to spec of the real cars. It's a great sim.

The community forums are extremely valuable. The racers themselves are helpful, usually courteous drivers, and many are professionals. I have not encountered many racers who are intentionally wreckless or discourteous, I am sure they exist, but are likely weeded out pretty quickly by protests against them.

The cost of cars and tracks can add up, but then I am willing to gradually commit to more cars and tracks as time goes along, just like I purchase other computer games occasionally.

If you are on the fence about it and you have a wheel or at least a controller, try it for a month or two. The first month is a little frustrating as you'll be a rookie and have to earn your D Class license before you can tune on the cars and run in higher classes. But it is worth the effort and the time to rank up and grow your racing experience. I personally focused on the Oval Track license and I'm still a rookie in road course. But I'll get there in both categories some day.

I only commit about 2 nights a week to racing, sometimes less. But I get hooked every time I sit down behind my wheel. BTW, force feedback makes this game what it needs to be, so I strongly recommend a good wheel and pedal set.

Anyway, give it a try and if you do, PLEASE ask one of us our user name so we can get a credit for your membership. We are trying to round robin this credit. I think Electrify1 is up next or Anreill.

Enjoy....I do!

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MO8IUS
I's L N B !!!!!!! Sheesh!

I Autocross my car IRL right now, so that fills my current need Smile
Except during the winter months.

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

OMG it's Mobius!

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

MO8IUS wrote: I Autocross my car IRL right now, so that fills my current need Smile
Except during the winter months.

See you online next winter then Smile

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Robert
Dual Xeon's Pwn j0o!

iRacing  Reply with quote  

Any advice for someone considering signing up for iRacing? Friend is trying to get me to jump off this cliff with him, neither of us have ever played.

He pre-warned me to budget (at least) $300 for a good steering wheel/pedal/shifter setup, but had not chosen which one to get.

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:15 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: