FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Hope everyone is safe!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Hope everyone is safe!  Reply with quote  

Tornadogasm2011 - watched it live via KFOR's streaming site. What a GRINDER!

Hope everyone is safe with no damage, I thought for sure that one that came up from Chickasha was going to me May3rd v2.0!

Post Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Well KFOR tends to exaggerate a lot but not necessarily yesterday. Did you see the truck get hit on I-40?

Basically the major hits around here were: Goldsby/Washington, Newcastle, El Reno, Calumet, Piedmont, Guthrie, and a small hit at Shawnee on I40 from what I heard. It did make us seek the hidey hole!

Post Wed May 25, 2011 2:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Yeah we thought the Newcastle one was headed right for us in NW Norman.

We tried to go to some public shelters but they were full. After some NASCAR-worthy driving we hung out with our downstairs neighbors to ride it out.

It pulled up and bowled over Moore at the last minute. A load off of my mind.

Post Wed May 25, 2011 8:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

The rotation went right over my house in Moore. All the neighborhood kids where in my neighbors shelter. I think we had 14 in there. Us guys were just hanging out outside keeping an eye one it. The shelter was full so we had a drainage culvert around the corner we were going to head for if we needed to. Thankfully we didn't.
My team lead lives down in Goldsby. That one passed .5 miles south of her house. They had a little pucker factor going on.

Post Wed May 25, 2011 8:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Debris from Goldsby rained down on Norman. Thankfully my family are all okay. My Dad is thinking of investing in a full blown underground shelter being installed in his garage. He already has safe room, but with the kind of things the F4 and F5 did with cars, he's worried if a tornado hit, it'd throw one of their cars into it, and well. Sad

Post Thu May 26, 2011 6:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I can't see the purpose in a hidey hole in your garage if you park a car on it.....if you have clear access, great idea. Car over it = not so good idea!

Post Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

My neighbor's storm cellar is in his garage but he put the door between where the cars park. It makes getting out of the cars a little awkward but makes up for it in easy of access when the storm comes.

Did you see the video of the people coming out of the storm shelter in their garage when the house was direct hit. You can tell the door was on the side of the garage and it pushed the truck right up to the edge of the door. It looked like another couple inches and they might have had to wait for help to move the truck so they could get out.

Post Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

My friend Dan Palesano, standing in what remains of his house. That picture leaning against his leg is a picture of a man standing with a toilet, which appears to have been the only thing of his that survived after a hurricane. That picture remained in Dan's bathroom after the tornado destroyed his house. Irony has never been this tragic. Or this delicious.

This is down in Chickasha. The tornado hit his house, his parents' house, and their jerky plant (Mike's Beef Jerky). Crazy shit that day.

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Wow thats nuts.....glad he is safe. Hope they had insurance!

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: