FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Google Voice + Gizmo5

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Stealth
I Read Insults for Dummies & Still Fail.

Google Voice + Gizmo5  Reply with quote  

I just got a DID Number and assigned my Gizmo5 SIP Phone number and SIP Proxy to it and then created a Google Voice number and used my DID number as the physical number. So Iḿ basically using my gizmo5 for calling and such. Physical numbers on Google Voice are supposed to be either Land Line or Cell, I bypassed it with... a DID# and Gizmo. So now I have unlimited phone calls through my computer for free.

The funny thing is when I call somone it shows my old Google Voice number that I created months ago, but then I since removed that number and created a new one. I tried to get Gizmo to fix this issue, but I gave up on it, but that's fine it makes me more anonymous when I call someone. When I call out from Google Voice/Gizmo, it show's my dead Google Voice number on Caller ID.

People can still call my new active Google Voice number and it calls my Computer directly. Sometimes glitches are good!

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

I played with that a while back and liked it, but didn't Gizmo limit the outbound calls on free accounts to 3 minutes?

With GV's features, if google would release a killer voip app and improve reliability without getting too expensive, they could take a huge chunk of the small business phone system market.

On a similar note I have like 24 google wave invites left if anyone wants to see it. I personally don't find it useful but if you like or use remote collaboration tools it might be worth checking out.

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 am  View user's profile Send private message
Stealth
I Read Insults for Dummies & Still Fail.

See Google obtained Gizmo so all calls are free.

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: