FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Need: Wifi calling app for my Verizon Droid phone:

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Need: Wifi calling app for my Verizon Droid phone:  Reply with quote  

So I am heading to Mexico in 2 weeks. My company is switching plans from Tmobile to Verizon.

On my Tmobile, I had their native, free and well working Wifi calling feature. Connect to wifi, enable it, and dial. Worked awesome.

Tmobile seems to be the only one who does this natively.

Yes, I could enable international plan, but it is still $1 a min....and I need ot be able to have long phone calls if a job goes to hell while I am gone. So I am looking for an app (paid or free - I dont care) that will enable me to dial a # over wifi and not require the reciever to have the same stupid app, or have to pay per minute, or have to pre buy minutes etc.

Any ideas?

Groove IP looks like it might work, but why does it have to connect to Google Voice? WTF is google voice?

Need super nerd help to figure this out.

Thanks guys!

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Try Skype. I used it while I was in Korea with a ipod touch. Droid support is just as good.

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Try the Google Voice route. I don't know if it will do what you want, but it has worked for my needs. You get a local number (in AR), for free, and if they have an option to call out of that system, you'd be able to make the calls for free from wherever.

If it doesn't work, you'd only be out the time spent researching.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: